Confirmed to Speak:
- Laura Smethurst, Strategy Policy, Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
- Laura-Jane Rawlings, Founder and Chief Executive, Youth Employment UK
- David Ruddy, Director of Employability and Community Learning, West Suffolk College
- Roger Horne, Head of Membership, ERSA
- Further Speakers TBA
The ‘Youth Obligation’ is officially being rolled out. 18-21 year old job seekers receiving Universal Credit are now expected to receive intensive work focused support from day one of their claim. This is one of a number of measures being rolled out by the new Government to get young people into work.
Join this timely Westminster Briefing event for an up to date overview on Government measures to tackle youth unemployment and to discuss good practice in supporting young people into work.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Understanding the new Government’s approach to tackling youth unemployment
- Rolling out the Youth Obligation: a new welfare offer for young people
- Developing young people by expanding qualifications & skills
- Assessing new support regimes and mandatory requirements for young jobseekers
- The role of Jobcentre Plus in schools and education
- Case studies of effective local youth employment models
- Tailoring support to young people through joined-up working
About the day:
The morning session will examine government policies to tackle youth unemployment, the implementation of the Youth Obligation and the development of your approach to move young people from welfare into work.
The afternoon session will focus on good practice in supporting young people into employment from across the country. This session will be highly interactive and will provide you with practical guidance to take back and implement in your setting.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.email@example.com | 0207 593 5657
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from anyone with an interest in tackling youth unemployment, including: FE institutions; local authorities; welfare to work providers; Jobcentre Plus; benefit advisers; employers; advice & support providers; youth groups; and skills & training providers.