- Darren Hughes, Director, Youth Justice Reform Programme, Ministry of Justice
- The Honourable Mr Justice William Davis, Judicial Lead for Youth Justice in England & Wales
- Helen Berresford, Director or External Engagement, Nacro
- Geeta Subramaniam, Head of Crime Reduction, Lewisham Council
- Gwyn Griffiths, Service Manager Ceredigion Youth Justice and Preventions Service
- Further speakers TBC
The youth justice system in England and Wales is changing. Following on from the Charlie Taylor Review, the Government has committed to a major reform programme. This will aim to address the new demands and pressures that those working in youth justice face.
Join us in May to hear from Darren Hughes, Director, Youth Justice Reform Programme, Ministry of Justice and receive an up-to-date brief on the reforms and their impact on your work.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Understanding the impact of recent youth justice reforms
- Progress made since the Charlie Taylor Review
- The future of youth offending teams in a new landscape
- Joined-up working: integrating YOTs with other services
- Updating your local approach to meet new challenges
- Future changes and timescale for reform
- Learning from case studies of turning around offenders’ lives
About the Day:
In the morning session you will receive an update on Government action on youth justice and the national landscape. You will hear from experts on the next steps for youth justice reform and how the changes will affect your organisation.
The afternoon session explore the latest good practice underway across England and Wales. This is an opportunity to learn from current good practice currently underway in partnership working, working with young people and maximising funding.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email:
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from all those with an interest in youth justice, including: youth offending teams; youth offending services; local authorities; police services; third sector organisations; central government; youth offending providers and all others who work in youth justice.