- Jo Burch, Head of Victims Strategy and Policy, Ministry of Justice
- Baroness Newlove, Victims' Commissioner for England and Wales
- Further speakers to be announced
In November 2018, the Ministry of Justice released a new Victims Strategy focusing on a criminal justice wide response to improve the support offered to victims and witnesses of crime. The strategy builds on the progress made in recent years to ensure victims and witnesses have the right help and appropriate support as they move through the criminal justice system.
Join us on Thursday 14th March to explore the latest government strategy on supporting victims and witnesses of crime. The agenda will build knowledge on how to improve the services provided to victims and witnesses throughout the criminal justice system.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Government plans to improve support for victims and timescales for action
- Strengthening the Victims’ Code and improving reporting, monitoring and transparency
- New funding commitments attached to the strategy
- Developing local partnerships, increasing collaborative working and improving referral procedures
- Better engaging victims about their rights and entitlements
About the Day:
The morning session will focus on the role of front line services in delivering the new Victims Strategy, led by a panel of experts.
Delegates in the afternoon session will explore good practice from across the country. This will include how to learn from good practices when implementing the national strategy and complying with the Victims Code of Practice.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from all those agencies and individuals who come into contact with victims, including: police forces, Police and Crime Commissioners, Crown Prosecution Service, NOMS, Youth Offending Teams, British Transport Police, the Parole Board, Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service, Witness Care Units, victim advocates, probation trusts, third sector organisations with an interest in victims, Courts, the CCRC and other stakeholders.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com