In a document noted for its brevity, “delivering world-class technical education” receives a reasonable amount of attention in the 2017 Conservative Party manifesto. With the proposed measures building on ongoing reforms, and reason to think they will be one of the new executive’s few non-Brexit priorities, what does the future hold for further & technical education under the new Government?
Join us on 26 September for an up to date brief on the new Government's plans for further & technical education. We will examine priorities for reform, implementing the Technical & Further Education Act 2017 and the next steps for realising the Post-16 Skills Plan.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Government plans for delivering “world-class technical education” & building on recent reforms
- Replacing existing technical qualifications with ‘T-levels’
- Increasing teaching hours by fifty per cent & mandating a three-month work placement
- Investing in FE Colleges & attracting experienced industry professionals
- Establishing new 'institutes of technology'
- Introducing a 'UCAS-style portal for technical education'
- Reviewing funding across tertiary education as a whole
- Expanding the remit of the Institute for Apprenticeships
- Making sure colleges & local authorities share data
- Working towards new post-16 routes being ready for 2019
- How providers are responding to reforms
The morning session will focus on the new Government’s plans for further & technical education.
The afternoon session will examine the Technical & Further Education Act 2017, how it fits into the Post-16 Skills Plan, and how providers are responding to reform..
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in further & technical education, including: FE colleges; apprenticeship & training providers; local skills partnerships; & the wider education & training sector.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com |
0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities & agenda content, please email: Luke.Espin@dodsgroup.com