- Professor Janice Kay CBE, Provost and Senior Deputy VC at the University of Exeter, Chair of the Subject-Level TEF Pilot
The TEF assesses the things that students care about: teaching quality, the learning environment that supports them; and employment and further study outcomes. With the transition towards a full subject-level TEF exercise in 2021, students will have more information when choosing a university than ever before. HEIs must therefore be prepared to make their submissions successful to ensure they are meeting a high standard and remaining competitive.
Join Westminster Briefing on 9 April to learn how you can prepare to make your subject-level TEF submission. Explore the metrics, unpack the distinct differences between provider and subject-level TEF and learn good practice from HEIs taking part in the pilot scheme.
You will receive an update on the policy landscape and be given the opportunity to have your questions answered by Janice Kay, chair of the subject-level TEF pilot.
About the Day:
In the morning session you will hear from Janice Kay, chair of the subject-level TEF pilot panel, on the policy landscape and the impact of the framework on universities. The metrics and data will then be explored and explained.
The afternoon session will explore best practice in making subject-level submissions from HEIs who have taken part in the 2017-18 and 2018-19 pilot schemes
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Transitioning from provider-level: the impact of the Framework on your institution
- Making your 2019-20 submission: understanding the metrics and data
- Understanding and applying the January 2019 technical guidance
- Lessons from the 2017-18 subject-level pilots
- Maximising the value of awards to increase competition between providers and inform student choice
- Evaluating your award and planning next steps
Who Should Attend?
You will join a range of higher education stakeholders including, but not limited to colleagues working in registry, student services, legal & compliance, Heads of Departments, VCs, as well as senior & middle leaders with responsibility for quality and responding to governmental reform.
Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com