Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Sam Olsen, Deputy Director for Social Work Reform, Department for Education
- Jamie Roome, Social Work Reform team, Department for Education
- Marcia Cameron, Professional Development Manager, NSPCC
- Dr Damian Spiteri, Lecturer in Social Work, University of YorK
- Mary Jackson, Leadership Development Director, Frontline
- Paul McGee, Head of Essex Social Care Academy and Principle Social Worker, Essex County Council
- Chris Barnham, Policy and Strategy Consultant (Event Chair)
- Further speakers TBC
Earlier this year the Government introduced reforms to the way social workers will be regulated in England. There will be new professional standards, training requirements and disciplinary procedures determined by the new regulatory body; Social Work England as well as the Department for Education will change how social workers in England fulfil their role.
Join Westminster Briefing to hear how the new standards will impact the regulation and development of children’s social workers across England. Hear what you can do to effectively prepare for the coming changes.
Key issues to be addressed:
- An introduction to new regulations and standards
- The role of the Department for Education in delivering key requirements
- Introducing assessments to improve career development
- How this will impact governance and fulfilment of duty of social workers
- Implementing new reforms into local workforces
- Recruiting and training new social workers
- Determining the appropriate response to fitness or discipline issues
- Enhancing the professional development and capability of current and new social workers
- How to meet demands of the reform under time and resource pressure
The issues will be split into sessions entitled:
- Introducing New Regulations for Social Workers in England
- Implementing New Standards of Practice
- Social Worker Progression and Development: Good Practice
Who Should Attend?
Local authority children’s service’s teams, children’s social workers, private sector social worker providers, training managers & providers, human resource teams, recruitment specialists, child welfare teams, commissioners and project managers.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.email@example.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: