Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Lisa Pascoe, Deputy Director, Social Care Policy, Ofsted
- Further Speakers TBC
In April 2017, Ofsted began implementing a reform to the framework of inspections for children’s social care services. This will move inspections away from a ‘one size fits all’ approach to one where the criteria depend on the circumstances of individual care settings. As such care providers will need to be aware what the criteria are and how best to prepare for future inspections.
Six months into the new framework, attend this event to learn how implementation is progressing and how you can prepare for your next inspection. Hear from experts about the criteria, learn from social care services that have already been through the process and examine what more you can do to be inspection ready.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Progress of the implementation process
- The importance of the key principles to each inspection
- Changes to the warning period prior to an Ofsted visit
- Tailoring inspections to particular types of service - how inspectors will determine what to look for
- The grading system and what it will mean for you
- How you can meet the inspection criteria
- Ensuring you are making a significant impact on lives of the children in your care
- Measuring performance to determine where there needs to be improvement
- How to support staff through an inspection
- Examples of organisations preparing for inspections
- Best practice case studies of successful results
The morning session will explore the changes to the inspection framework for organisations involved in social care and the impact it will have on the provision of childcare services.
The afternoon session will provide an opportunity to learn how to effectively prepare for inspections and what can be done to ensure that your results are the best possible.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from children's social care services, local authorities, fostering agencies and other care providing services who fall under the new inspection framework.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com or Tel: 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org