Confirmed to speak:
- Tom Goldman, Deputy Director, Funding Policy Unit, DfE
- Nicky Gillhespy, COO & Shan Moylan, CFO, LEO Multi Academy Trust
- Natalie Perera, Executive Director & Head of Research, Education Policy Institute
- Andrew Minall, Head of Education Financial Services & Finance Business Partner (Children’s Services), Hampshire County Council
- Nina Siddle, Business Director, Withernsea Primary Academy Trust; Associate Practitioner for Yorkshire & Humber & Fellow, NASBM; SLE, Humber Teaching School
- Ed Schwitzer, Funding Policy Unit, Department for Education
- Julia Harnden, Funding Specialist, Association of School and College Leaders
- Andrew Lagden, Education Consultant (Chair)
This event is also running in Manchester on 12th October.
With ongoing uncertainty over future school funding arrangements and the details of the incoming National Funding Formula, register for this this Westminster Briefing to receive an up-to-date brief from the Deputy Director of the Funding Policy Unit in DfE. Stay informed of government plans and better understand the overall context for schools funding.
The conference will cover the impact in your setting, your school network and beyond, with examples of best practice from schools and local authorities that have faced similar changes previously.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Overview of upcoming changes to school funding
- The timeline for implementation of the National Funding Formula
- Mitigating the impact of proposed funding changes
- Planning beyond 2017/18
- Transition implications for schools and local authorities
- Reconciling core revenue changes with fluctuating running costs
- The impact of the changes on school improvement
- Learning from examples of schools and academies who have gone through change
- Best utilising flexibility in the funding streams
- Providing an excellent education for pupils while responding to funding changes
The morning session will focus on the future of school funding and the implementation of the revised National Funding Formula.
The afternoon session will examine how schools are approaching funding challenges.
Who Should Attend?
You will join a range of education stakeholders including, but not limited to school leaders, finance and business managers, governors, local authority representatives and anyone involved or interested in the future of school funding.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Tim.Archer@Westminster-Briefing.com