Confirmed to speak:
- Michael Bell, Team Leader, Safeguarding in Schools Team, Department for Education
- Matt Miller MBE, National Leader of Governance & Chair of Governors, Highlands School
- Gareth Edwards, Head of Policy and Strategy, NPCC Child Protection Abuse Investigation Working Group & Violence and Public Protection Portfolio, Norfolk Constabulary
- Therese McAlorum, Education Safeguarding Adviser, Buckinghamshire County Council
- Rob Pearsall, Deputy Head, SENDCo & Strategic Lead for Disadvantaged Students, Plymstock School
- (Chair) Andrew Lagden, Education Consultant
Join us at this Westminster Briefing event for an up to date brief on how to keep pupils safe in school. Make sure your safeguarding policies are current and comprehensive, accounting for upcoming amendments to ‘Working Together’ and increasingly visible issues such as sexual harassment.
Michael Bell (Team Leader, Safeguarding in Schools Team, DfE) will give an update on the Government’s policies in this area, followed by experts in the field including schools that have been successfully inspected under the updated Ofsted framework.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Update on the Government’s statutory safeguarding guidance for schools
- Online safety: protecting children from harm at school and at home
- Ofsted: what to expect from inspection
- Ensuring all staff are aware of their responsibilities and adequately trained to act on them
- The roles of Safeguarding Leads, Heads, Governors & Academy Trust leaders
- Working effectively with local partners: local authorities, police & CCGs
- Meeting responsibilities around Prevent, FGM & tackling CSE
- Addressing sexual harassment as a safeguarding issue
- Dealing appropriately with allegations against staff
About the event:
The morning session will provide an update on the Government's latest policies in this area and examine the responsibilities placed on your school, including changes to the wider child safeguarding landscape.
The afternoon session will explore strategies currently being used successfully in schools to implement effective safeguarding practices, with a specific focus on new and upcoming issues.
Who should attend?
You will join a range of education stakeholders including, but not limited to, head teachers, senior and middle leaders, safeguarding and inclusion leads, those with pastoral responsibilities, SENCOs, alternative education providers, pupil referral units, local authorities, relevant governors, and anyone interested or involved in safeguarding in schools.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Tim.Archer@Westminster-Briefing.com