- Lucy Derilo, Senior Policy Manager - Restorative Justice, Ministry of Justice
- David Smith, Victims and Witnesses Services Advisor, Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for West Yorkshire
- Trevor Watson, Policy and Campaign Officer, Why me?
- Gary Stephenson, Chief Executive, Restorative Solutions
- Liz Fowler, Restorative Justice Operations Manager, Northamptonshire Youth Offending Service
- Darren Carson, RJ Co-Ordinator, Northamptonshire Youth Offending Service
- Further speakers TBC
Restorative justice repairs some of the damage caused by crime. It can help to reform offenders and support victims. The Ministry of Justice continues to push for effective RJ to be provided under the pillars of equal access, raised awareness and understanding, and good quality services.
Join Westminster Briefing for a Ministry of Justice Good Practice Workshop, an update on the policy landscape and to assess the next steps for RJ. Explore how effective RJ is in your area and what more can be done to improve it.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Update of the Restorative Justice Action Plan 2016-18: progress so far
- The role of PCCs in commissioning and developing RJ
- Improving access to RJ for victims at all stages of the CJS
- Raising awareness of RJ and its benefits
- Ensuring quality: the importance of trained facilitators delivering RJ
- Best practice case studies of supporting victims and reforming offenders
- Measuring success in RJ
About the Day:
In the morning session delegates will receive an up-to-date brief on the national landscape of RJ and the latest Government action.
The afternoon session will focus on good practice in restorative justice, and delegates will hear case studies of effective local working in RJ. There will be plenty of opportunity throughout the day to network with colleagues from across the country.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email:
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from across the criminal justice and community safety sector, including: Restorative Justice Practitioners; probation services; police services; HM Prison Service; IOM, PPO and DIP teams and services; CRCs; Youth Offending Teams; Community Safety Partnerships; local criminal justice boards; IOM teams; LCJBs; CPS and courts; DAATs; central departments; and third sector organisations.