As one of five key principles in the recent Social Housing Green Paper, the Government wants to ‘Empower residents and ensure their voices are heard so that landlords are held to account’. With the post-Grenfell Independent Review of Building Regulations & Fire Safety recommending a series of measures to improve residents’ voice in building safety, now is the time for social landlords to consider what more they can do to better engage their tenants.
Join Westminster Briefing on Wednesday 13th February for an up to date brief on the latest developments in engaging social housing residents. We will explore social landlords’ current engagement requirements, how these may change in the future, and what good resident engagement actually looks like.
Key issues to be addressed include:
- Understanding & meeting the Tenant Involvement & Empowerment Standard
- The Government's Social Housing Green Paper and potential changes resulting from a Decent Homes Standard regulatory review
- Resident involvement post-Grenfell and engaging & reassuring tenants about safety
- The Independent Review of Building Regulations & Fire Safety and residents’ voice: implementing the recommendations and what they mean for social landlords
- The positive case for resident engagement: business benefit rather than regulatory burden
- The characteristics of good resident engagement
- Case study examples of success
About the event:
The morning session will examine engagement requirements, how these may change in the future, and why social landlords should positively embrace resident engagement as a business benefit.
The afternoon session will focus on good engagement practice and learning from case study examples of success.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in resident engagement in social housing, including: local authority housing teams; housing associations; tenant management organisations; ALMOs; elected members; engagement specialists; and resident groups/organisations.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657