Confirmed to Speak:
- David Smy, Head of Regulatory Implementation, Office for Students
- Smita Jamdar, Partner, Shakespeare Martineau & Member, Higher Education Commission
- Gordon McKenzie, Chief Executive, GuildHE
- Dr Dave Dowland, Academic Registrar, Southampton Solent University
- Roxanne Stockwell, Principal, Pearson College London
- Professor Roger King, Visiting Professor, School of Management, University of Bath & Former Vice-Chancellor, University of Lincoln
- (Chair) Aaron Porter, Associate Director (Governance), AdvanceHE
A new HE regulator, the Office for Students, will be established in January and start registering providers in April. As the sector prepares for a new approach to regulation, a new regulatory framework (written by DfE with input from HEFCE) is currently being consulted on. It is expected that the new framework will be published in February.
Join Westminster Briefing on 7 March for an up to date brief on the new regulatory framework for HE. We will examine how the new regulatory system differs from the old one, transitional arrangements being put in place, and how different institutions are managing the change.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Establishing the OfS and a new regulatory framework: timescales involved
- Who the OfS will be regulating & how it will approach its regulatory role
- What ‘risk based regulation’ looks like in a HE context
- Sanctions available to OfS to punish non compliance
- Changes introduced in the new regulatory framework
- The role of students in the new regulatory system
- Making sure your institution is on the OfS register
- Arrangements for the transition period
- How different institutions are managing the change
- Decisions/changes still to be decided
The morning session will focus on the Office for Students, how it will approach its new role as the HE sector regulator and what the new regulatory framework means for HEIs.
The afternoon session will examine transitional arrangements and what different institutions are doing to manager the change.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in how HE providers are regulated, including (but not limited to): registrars; senior managers & leadership; regulatory & legal teams; finance; & student unions.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com |
0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org