Confirmed to Speak:
- Andrew Hackett, Policy Adviser, Standards and Testing Agency, DfE
- Nancy Stewart, Vice Chair, TACTYC: Association for Professional Development in Early Years
- Alex Gingell, Deputy Head, Marlborough Primary School
Following the publication of the Government’s response to the consultation on the future of assessment in Primary Schools, attend this timely Westminster Briefing to hear the detail of the changes. Explore how the proposals fit into the current landscape, including the recent Rochford Review, and how they can be implemented in your setting to ensure all pupils benefit.
Attend this timely Westminster Briefing for a full update from the Standards and Testing Agency in DfE. The event will cover the timelines for the changes and how best to prepare, ranging from the immediate implementation of relaxed teacher assessment in English applicable now, through to planning for the removal of Key Stage 1 tests in 2023. Examples from high performing schools who have successfully managed similar changes previously will also give you concrete strategies to take back to your setting.
Key issues to be addressed include:
- Overview of Government changes to Primary Assessment: Effective testing at primary level
- Removal of statutory requirements for Key Stage 1 tests & Key Stage 2 assessment data
- Using the new ‘teacher-mediated’ baseline test to accurately and continuously appraise pupil progress from reception onwards
- Ensuring a productive relationship with the EYFS: Check on “school readiness”
- Assessing pupils working below the standards of national curriculum tests: Implementing the Rochford Review recommendations
- Role of Ofsted under a reformed assessment structure
- Ensuring a healthy and productive link between assessment and accountability: Reducing cliff-edges and ‘teaching to the test’
- New approaches to assessing the attainment of children with the most complex special educational needs
- Successful examples of reducing teacher workload around assessment requirements
The morning session will look at the upcoming changes to the Primary Assessment system, exploring the timelines and implications for schools of the recent consultation response and Rochford Review.
The afternoon session will explore good practice in Primary Assessment, offering strategies to best support all pupils to take back to your setting.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who should attend?
You will join a range of education and assessment stakeholders including, but not limited to: Headteachers, Senior and Middle Leaders, Assessment Leads/Coordinators, Curriculum & Assessment Consultants, SenCOs, Local Authorities, Governors, and anyone interested or involved in the Primary Assessment system.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Tim.Archer@westminster-briefing.com