Confirmed speakers include:
• Helena Mills, Head of REF Policy, Research Excellence Framework 2021
Recently published guidance sets out the submission framework, assessment criteria, and panel working methods for REF 2021. Early next year the four UK HE funding bodies will invite HEIs to make submissions, with a final deadline of 27 November 2020. Results will be published a year later in December 2021.
Join Westminster Briefing on 21 May for an up to date brief in REF 2021 developments. Focus will be placed on submission requirements and procedures alongside assessment criteria and how different decision making panels will work.
Key issues to be covered include:
• Upcoming guidance and deadlines
• The main differences in submission requirements & procedures between REF 2021 and REF 2014
• Defining key terms
• Content & data required in submissions
• Combined & supplementary criteria against which submissions will be assessed
• The different roles of main & sub panels and how they will make their judgments
• Exceptional circumstances that cannot be accommodated within the published framework
The issues will be divided into sessions entitled:
1. REF 2021 Overview Update
2. Focus: Submission Requirements & Procedures
3. Focus: Assessment Criteria & Panel Working Methods
Attendees will have the opportunity to engage with the expert panels throughout.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in the REF process, including: REF managers; research managers; funding managers; administrators; senior leadership; funding bodies; and representative groups.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com