Local Authorities are finding it increasingly difficult to retain and recruit staff, particularly in management positions. Work culture, organisational structure and employee support are all having a significant impact and in some cases, are driving talented people towards the private sector. Local Government can transform their own workforce practices to achieve better outcomes but what strategies are out there to help them achieve this?
Join Westminster Briefing to be briefed on the latest developments in the recruitment and retention of managers at the local authority level. Hear what the key drivers are and learn from leading employers how they have successfully introduced strategies to retain effective levels of skill within their organisation.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Finding and selecting the right candidates
- Highlighting the benefits of Local Government
- Improving efficiency in services and organisational structure and how this drives recruitment strategies
- Identifying the root cause of low retention levels of management
- Changing working culture
- Improving work-life balance
- Ensuring all staff have the support to experiment with innovative ideas
- Retaining talent and key skills
- Introducing new approaches to support and professionally develop staff
- Improving management and reducing hierarchy
- Providing effective in-house training and coaching schemes
The morning session will explore how local governments can improve their recruitment and retention strategies for middle and senior leadership.
The afternoon session will focus on best practices when it comes to developing the talent local authorities already have.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from, but not excluded to: local authority recruitment agencies; HR officers, middle and senior managers; employee engagement officers; training leads and Consultants.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org