- Tom Haye, Special Constabulary Chief Officer, Hampshire Constabulary
- Ian Miller MBE, Commander, City of London Special Constabulary & Chair, Association of Special Constabulary Chief Officers
- Susan Ritchie, Founder and Director, Mutual Gain
- DS Ashley Jones, Police Support Volunteer & Chair of Trustees of the Senior Citizen Liaison Team Charity
- Melanie Smith, Staff Officer, North Yorkshire Police
- Jayne Willetts, National Board Member, Police Federation of England & Wales
- Further speakers TBC
The Policing and Crime Act 2017 contained major reforms to police powers. Chief police officers are allowed to designate police powers to police volunteers and civilian staff. Although some core powers are excluded, there is a wide range of powers able to be conferred.
Join Westminster Briefing to assess the recent reforms and explore how you can embed volunteers and designate powers successfully.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Understanding Government policy and implementing changes to police powers
- Designating power effectively: Assessing your workforce and current capability gaps
- Ensuring robust systems of selection, vetting and training
- Overcoming challenges within the current workforce and supporting current staff and volunteers
- Learning from success: local models to successfully attract and deploy police volunteers
- Good practice in attracting and deploying volunteers
- Embedding volunteers within the current workforce smoothly
About the day:
The morning session will explore the Government's reforms powers, what this means for current staff and officers, and how your police force can implement the changes.
The afternoon session will focus on current good practice, and delegates will hear about case studies of successfully embedding volunteers into the police workforce, and best practice in designating new powers.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.email@example.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email:
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from all those involved with the work of police staff and volunteers, including: police officers, police volunteer managers, PSVs, the Police Federation, staff associations, staff union representatives, community safety partnerships, safer neighbourhood teams, youth offending teams, local authorities, voluntary organisations, charities, civil servants, emergency services and other stakeholders.