- Rupert Bailey, Head of Police Discipline, Police Integrity Unit, Home Office
- Chief Superintendent Matthew Gardner, Directorate of Professional Standards, Metropolitan Police
- David Peet, Chief Executive, Derbyshire Police and Crime Commissioner's Office
- Lee Catling, Head of Professional Standards Department, Kent Police
- Further speakers TBC
Police integrity is under the spotlight. Reforms in the Policing and Crime Act 2017 will transform the complaints and disciplinary systems. Headline measures include greater powers for PCCs and a push for more transparency, accountability and independence in the system.
Join us in February to hear from Rupert Bailey, Head of Police Discipline, Police Integrity Unit, Home Office and other experts on the Government’s reforms. You will receive a brief on the policy landscape and explore the impact of the legislative changes on your organisation.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Policing and Crime Act 2017: overview of reforms to police integrity
- Improving accountability, transparency and independence in the disciplinary system
- Assessing the procedural impact and preparing your organisation
- Police complaints: increasing public confidence and satisfaction
- Understanding extended powers and oversight for PCCs
- Increasing customer focus and moving away from blame and misconduct
- Overcoming barriers to increase public confidence in the police service
About the Day:
The morning session will provide an overview of the reforms and what effect this will have on your organisation. The morning will be divided into looking firstly at police discipline, and then complaints.
The afternoon session will explore good practice in upholding integrity in policing.
There will be plenty of time throughout the day to network with colleagues from across the country.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email:
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from all those who have an interest in upholding integrity in policing, including: professional standards officers/staff; staff association representatives; PCCs; chief inspectors; standards and regulations teams and all others who deal with police complaints and discipline.