- Fiona Talbott, Head of Museums, Libraries & Archives, Heritage Lottery Fund
- Cllr Peter Golds, Deputy Chairman, LGA Culture, Tourism and Sport Board
- Adrian Babbidge, Egeria Heritage Consulting (event chair)
- More speakers TBC
In November 2017, the first review of England's museums in over a decade was published. The independent Mendoza Review called for the publication for a Museums Action Plan by September 2018 and made a number of recommendations about how Government departments and Arms Length Bodies could work more effectively together to help to help our museums flourish. The Review also included practical guidance for museums and galleries to help them thrive and grow in the face real terms funding cuts and the increasingly competitive environment over how people spend their leisure time.
Join Westminster Briefing on 27th February 2018 for an up-to-date brief about the Mendoza Review and forthcoming Museums Action Plan and to hear about best practice in developing attractive and engaging museums and galleries that are fit for the 21st Century.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Key findings of the Mendoza Review
- Steps the Government is taking to implement the Review’s findings
- Formulation of the Museums Action Plan
- How museums and galleries should respond to the review
- Adapting to today’s funding environment
- Growing and diversifying audiences
- Dynamic collection, curation and management
- Developing strong national and international partnerships
- Working with stakeholders to promote museums and galleries to local people
- Digital capacity and innovation
- Good practice in creating attractive and engaging museums and galleries
The morning will focus on recent policy developments affecting museums and galleries, including the Mendoza Review and the forthcoming Museums Action Plan.
The afternoon will examine best practice in developing museums and galleries that attract as many visitors as possible and enrich our cultural heritage.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from anyone with an interest in the future of our museums and galleries, including those who work in the cultural sector, as well as local authority Heads of Culture, Arts & Heritage Managers and Museum Development Managers.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com