Ofsted is currently consulting on its new draft inspection framework. Following a 12 week consultation, the final version will be published in the summer and go live from 1 September. Described as “an evolution, not a revolution”, schools are keen to learn what the new framework means for them and will have little time to prepare for the new arrangements between final publication and the start of the autumn term.
Join Westminster Briefing on 30 April for an early look at the new inspection framework and to better understand the direction of travel. Taking place before publication of the final framework but with more time to get ready, the event will examine the changes set to be introduced, impacts they will have, and some of the ways that schools can start to prepare.
Key issues to be addressed include:
- Timescales, potential amendments to the final framework, and next steps for implementation
- Notice periods and changes to how inspectors prepare for and begin inspections
- Reducing the focus on data
- Placing greater emphasis on curriculum and giving less weight to exam results
- Replacing the Teaching, Learning & Assessment and Outcomes judgment areas with a single new Quality of Education one
- Leadership & Management and focuses on safeguarding and staff development
- Splitting the Personal Development, Behaviour & Welfare judgment area into separate Behaviour & Attitudes and Personal Development ones
- What the changes mean for schools and how they can start to prepare
The issues will be divided into three main sessions:
- New Inspection Processes
- Inspection Framework Judgment Areas: Quality of Education
- Inspection Framework Judgment Areas: Leadership & Management, Personal Development and Behaviour & Attitudes
Attendees will have the opportunity to engage the expert panel throughout.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in school inspections, including: head/deputy/assistant headteachers; principles & chief executives; schools administrators; governors; LEAs; teaching unions; inspectors; and representative groups.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657