Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Dr Alex Wardrop, Evidence & Effective Practice Manager, Office for Fair Access
- Jenny Ann, NCOP Programme Manager, HEFCE
- Stella Jones-Devitt & Ann-Marie Steele, Head of Student Research & Evaluation & Senior Lecturer in Leadership & Management, Sheffield Hallam University
- Dr John Butcher, Associate Director (Curriculum & Access), The Open University
- Further speakers tbc
In June The Office for Fair Access published new guidance and proposed standards for the evaluation of outreach by universities & colleges. A crucial part of measures to widen access, it is important that institutions can demonstrate they are using their resources properly and plan their future outreach approaches to best effect.
Join Westminster Briefing on 31 October for an up to date brief on improving outreach in higher education and new OFFA guidance and proposed standards for evaluation.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- The role of the national collaborative outreach programme
- Identifying who to target in outreach schemes
- Getting ‘bang for your buck’: the most cost effective ways to engage
- Innovative ways of engaging with disadvantaged adults: are there lessons for engaging young people?
- The role of students & student ambassadors in outreach
- Linking outreach to other widening access & participation methods
- OFFA guidance & proposed standards for evaluation
- How HEIs are currently evaluating their work, how they can do it better & what more can be done
- Turning evaluation & analysis into better outreach
- Learning from successful schemes & institutional examples of good practice
The morning session will focus on improving outreach to engage disadvantaged people.
The afternoon session will examine how such approaches should be analysed & evaluated with the aim of improving outreach in the future.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in, or responsibility for, outreach in HE, including: outreach & widening participation teams; student recruitment; senior management; & students’ unions.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com |
0207 593 5657