- Tim Sigsworth MBE, CEO, The Albert Kennedy Trust
- Francesca Albanese, Head of Research and Evaluation, Crisis UK
- Caroline Bernard, Head of Policy and Communications, Homeless Link
- Petra Salva, Director of Rough Sleepers, Ex-Offenders and Migrant Services, St Mungo's
- Cllr Ric Pallister OBE, South Somerset District Council (event chair)
- Adam Stephenson, Senior Homelessness Prevention and Relief Team, Brent Council
- Mike Wright, Strategic Lead for Homelessness,Greater Manchester Combined Authority
In the U.K. homelessness and rough sleeping numbers have reached record highs. The publication of the Rough Sleeping Strategy and Homelessness Reduction Act demonstrate the growing concern of both local authorities and the Government to tackle these record numbers. Principally, these reforms have set out statutory recommendations for frontline services to tackle homelessness and rough sleeping from prevention to intervention to recovery.
Attend this Westminster Briefing for a full update on the landscape of homelessness and Government plans in this area. You will learn from good practice examples how to improve your services, collaborate with other organisations and work towards meeting the 2027 vision to end rough sleeping.
Key issues to be adressed:
- Updates on the Rough Sleeping Strategy and Homelessness Reduction Act
- Understanding prevention, intervention and recovery in homeless cases
- Meeting the requirement for councils to publish homelessness and rough sleeping strategies by winter 2019
- Effective collaboration between local authorities, housing associations and other frontline services
- Learning from case study examples of good practice from across the country
- Strategies for preventing homelessness in groups disproportionately affected
About the day:
The morning session will look at the Government statute employed to tackle homelessness and rough sleeping.
The afternoon session will examine best practice in reducing homelessness and tackling rough sleeping from across the country and in high-risk groups.
We will provide morning refreshments and a networking lunch. Please let us know about any special needs or dietary requirements.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in tacking homelessness and rough sleeping, including local authority housing officers, housing associations, charities and frontline services.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com