- Eloise Shepherd, Head of Housing and Planning, London Councils
- Hannah Gousy, Policy & Public Affairs Manager, Crisis
- Sarah-Jane Gay, Policy Officer, National Housing Federation
- Cllr Ric Pallister, Leader, South Somerset District Council
The Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 places new duties on local authorities surrounding people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Recognising the additional burden this creates, the Government has promised extra funding through the Flexible Homelessness Support Grant. The 2017 Conservative Party Manifesto also included a commitment to set up a new homelessness reduction taskforce, and to pilot a Housing First approach to tackling rough sleeping.
Join Westminster Briefing on 12th September for an up to date brief on the implementation of the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017, other Government policies to tackle homelessness and rough sleeping, and current best practice in reducing homelessness.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Implementation of the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017
- Assessing people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Fulfilling duties owed to homeless and people at risk of homelessness
- Timescales, responsibilities & impacts on local authorities and housing associations
- The Flexible Homelessness Support Grant
- Other Government policies to tackle homelessness and rough sleeping
- Best practice in reducing homelessness
- Early intervention and prevention
- Advocacy and advice
- Supporting people in rent arrears
- Reducing the number of families in bed and breakfast accommodation
The morning will focus on the implementation of the Homelessness Reduction Act, and address other Government initiatives to tackle homelessness.
The afternoon session will look at best practice in reducing homelessness, including early intervention and prevention, advocacy and advice and support for people in rent arears.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in tacking homelessness and rough sleeping, including local authority housing officers, housing associations and charities.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com