Earlier this year the Government announced £1.2billion to improve and maintain local roads. Despite this, local authorities face pressures to manage assets effectively in a time of constrained budgets. With various funding pots available, it is important for local areas to make the most of support on offer.
Attend this Westminster Briefing to explore the various DfT funding streams going forward and consider your organisation’s strategy. This will also be an opportunity to explore the Roads Investment Strategy.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Overview of the national landscape and Government action on highways
- Understanding and accessing the different DfT funding streams
- The role of local authorities in assessing priorities and delivering improvements
- Reducing disruption and improving public perception
- Case studies of delivering effective and efficient improvements to local roads
- Extending budgets and making the most of resources
- Building a structured approach to asset management
About the Day:
In the morning session, you will hear about the Government’s plans for local highways and explore the funding pots available to local authorities.
The afternoon session will focus on good practice in highways maintenance. You will examine case studies of effective and efficient strategies to improve local roads.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.email@example.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email:
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from a wide range of stakeholders including: local authority highways teams, elected members, planning, road maintenance organisations, sector bodies and all others with an interest or role in local roads.