Confirmed to Speak:
- Dr Peter Swift, Head of Independent Education and School Safeguarding Division, DfE
- Deborah Leek-Bailey OBE, Chair, Independent/State Schools Partnership Forum & Director, DLB Leadership Associates Ltd
- (Chair) Andrew Lagden, Education Consultant
- Julie Robinson, General Secretary, ISC
- Christina Astin, The King’s School, Canterbury & Chair, Schools Together Group
With a constantly evolving schools system, the role that independent schools play has once again been brought to the fore. Their partnerships with the state sector, charitable status and community outreach are all under review. Assessing your school’s structure and partnerships, and how best to convey your work, is more vital than ever.
Attend this timely Westminster Briefing for a comprehensive update on the government’s current thinking on the position of independent schools. Hear from award-winning outreach and partnership programmes, including academy and free school sponsors, and take back strategies for your setting.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Overview of government plans for the role of independent schools within the education system
- Charity Commission guidance on public benefit and structuring appropriately
- Conveying your best practice: how best to get the message out
- Judging outreach initiatives fairly and appropriately
- Building effective and lasting partnerships with state schools
- Factors in setting up a free school: assessing the benefits and doing it best for both parties
- Keeping an up-to-date Public Benefit Policy
- Effective use of scholarships and other bursaries
- Sharing staff with state schools: governors, senior leaders and teachers
- Opening up your facilities to the local community
The morning session will focus on the current and future policy landscape, assessing how independent schools can be best placed and represented going forward.
The afternoon session will look at examples of successful partnerships and outreach in the independent sector, and how to best to covey that work.
Who Should Attend?
You will join a range of education stakeholders including, but not limited to Headteachers, Senior Management, Governors, Trustees, Directors and anyone involved or interested in the future of independent schools and their partners.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Tim.Archer@Westminster-Briefing.com