Confirmed to speak:
- Anne Pearson, Director of Programmes, Queen's Nursing Institute
- Liz Fenton, Deputy Chief Nurse, Health Education England
- Kathryn Yates, Professional Lead for Primary & Community Care, Royal College of Nursing (RCN)
- Kath Evans, Queen's Nurse & Community Lead Nurse, NHS England
- Julie Bliss, Chair, Association of District Nurse Educators (ADNE)
- Ian Bailey, District Nurse, Queen's Nurse & Facilitator, National District Nurse Network (NDNN)
- Sue Johnson, Independent Consultant & Leadership Coach (Event Chair)
Amidst a changing NHS landscape, and with momentum gathering behind community based, integrated approaches, district nurses are more vital to the nation’s healthcare than ever before. With Brexit looming and with district nurses facing growing caseloads, finite resources and a shrinking workforce, what more can be done to meet the significant challenges ahead?
Join this Westminster Briefing event to hear from Dr Crystal Oldman, Chief Executive of the Queen’s Nursing Institute and others that are leading the way in innovating their district nursing service, and learn how you can overcome the challenges your service faces. The day is a unique opportunity to gain an up-to-date understanding of the current policy landscape and what it means for your service.
Key issues to be addressed:
- The current policy landscape of district nursing across the United Kingdom
- District nursing in a changing NHS: integration & place-based health
- District nursing after Brexit: ensuring safe staffing levels & developing your workforce
- Meeting & exceeding the standards for district nursing
- Tackling rising demands with finite resources
- Evolving care to meet the complex needs and demands of an ageing population
- Learning from those working differently across the country
- Working effectively with colleagues in social care, general practice and others to improve the health and care of the community
- District nursing in 2018 and beyond: what does the future hold?
The morning session will provide a detailed examination of what the future holds for district nursing. You will explore how to overcome the challenges that you may be facing, and learn how to enhance your role as the drive towards integration and place-based care continues.
The afternoon session will explore how your colleagues from across the country are working in innovate ways. The session will provide practical guidance on how to support your district nursing workforce.
Who should attend?
Delegates at this briefing will be drawn from, but not limited to: District nurses, area managers, clinical leads, operational leads, community matrons, GPs, CCGs, Health and Wellbeing Boards, integrated care practitioners, adult services locality leads, social workers, community services specialists, academics and anyone with an interest in district nursing and community care.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Walker-Lane@westminster-briefing.com
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.