Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Anita Silk, Head of Employer Engagement and Communications, Fuller Working Lives, DWP
- Lorrain Hennessy, Fuller Working Lives, DWP
- Rachael Saunders, Director, Business in the Community
- David Haley, Senior Vice President, BTS UK& I, Atos
- Helen Webb, HR Director (Food), The Co-operative Group
- Further Speakers TBC
The UK workforce is gradually ageing with more people aged 65+ staying in work, presenting clear challenges for employers. In response to this, the government revealed the Fuller Working Lives Strategy to provide guidance for employers so they can support elderly workers as the numbers remaining in work for longer continues to rise. It makes the case that supporting their needs through retention, retraining and preparation for retired life will benefit not only the employee, but the workplace as a whole.
Join Westminster Briefing in November when you will learn from employers leading the way in implementing the Fuller Working Lives strategy. You will hear best practice examples on how to enable your older employees to fulfil their roles to the fullest whilst ensuring they are supported through to retirement.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Role of employers in delivering the Fuller Working Lives Strategy
- Key messages from the new guidance
- The impact for employers and how they can prepare
- How to reduce bias of age in the workplace
- Engaging older people in the recruitment process
- Removing barriers to entry through offering greater flexibility
- Retraining staff & keeping their skills up to date
- Managing health conditions in an ageing workforce
- Supporting employees most likely to be carers
- Providing alternative ways of working until retirement age
- Offering work hour reduction
- Equipping people with the tools to prepare for life after work
The issues will be divided into sessions entitled:
- Implementing the Fuller Working Lives Strategy
- Recruiting Older Workers into Workplace
- Retaining Older Employees in the Workforce
- Supporting Employees Transition to Retired Life
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from anyone with an interest in supporting elderly workers, including: employers; HR officers; equality officers; trade union and representative groups; staff networks.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com or Tel: 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com