Key speakers include:
- Maria Tonks, Diversity and Inclusion Specialist (Chair)
- Paula Rhome, Partner, Shoosmiths LLP
- Sam Smethers, Chief Executive, The Fawcett Society
- Nikki Geaves, Inclusion and Diversity Lead, Essex County Fire and Rescue Service
- Debbie Epstein, Senior Inclusion & Diversity Consultant, Inclusive Employers
- Further speakers tbc
In April 2017 legislation made it mandatory for employers of 250 or more employees to publish their gender pay gap data annually. Findings have shown the true scale of gender pay disparity across the private, public and charity sector to be vast. The Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy Select Committee (BEIS) will now be questioning employers about what action they are taking to tackle the gender pay gap.
Join Westminster Briefing to learn why the gender pay gap exists and what how to ensure that there is equal pay for equal work within your organisation.
Key Issues to be addressed:
- Legal obligations to report gender pay differences
- Outlining the six measures used for calculating wage gaps
- The implications of publishing reports and repercussions for non-compliance
- How pay gaps can lead to mistrust and reduced recruitment and retention
- What employers can do to reduce pay disparity moving forward
- Understanding the reasons for the gap and holding ourselves accountable to make change
- Developing a sustainable female talent pipeline
- Achieving a positive culture of gender equality in an organisation
- Building robust procedures which improve gender balance across all levels
- Enabling culture change to bridge your gender pay gap for the long term
The Morning sessions will focus on the legal duties surrounding gap reporting and actions that can be taken to tackle the gender pay gap within their organisations.
The Afternoon session will look at best practice examples where employers have successfully implemented strategies to bridge the gap within their workplaces.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in bridging the gender pay gap within their organisations, including but not limited to: decision makers in public bodies and the private sector; diversity & inclusion/equality officers; pay officers; pay officers; legal officers & elected members.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Olivia.email@example.com