- Christopher Brooks, Senior Policy Manager, Age UK
- Sharon Pegg, Diversity and Inclusion Consultant (Chair)
- Hazel Rymer, Pro-Vice-Chancellor Learning and Teaching Innovation, Open University
- Steve Anderson, CEO, The Age Diversity Forum
- Alistair McQueen, Head of Savings & Retirement, Aviva UK
- Patrick Thomson, Senior Programme Manager, Centre for Aging Better
With the UK facing an ageing population, and the retirement age ever increasing, employers have an opportunity to benefit from an experienced and skilled workforce. However, the average age of those leaving the labour market is still lower than it was in 1950. The Fuller Working Lives Strategy, launched by the Department for Work and Pensions, provides guidance for organisations in recruiting, retraining and ultimately retaining older workers to fully take advantage of this valuable workforce.
Join Westminster Briefing in November to hear the current recommendations concerning how best to recruit, retrain and retain older workers, and to start benefitting from a multigenerational workforce.
Key issues to be addressed:
• The role of employers in delivering the Fuller Working Lives Strategy
• Engaging older people in the recruitment process
• Retraining older staff members and keeping their skills current
• Removing barriers to entry through greater workplace flexibility
• Equipping employees with the tools to prepare for life after work
About the day:
The morning session will begin with the recommendations for action made by the ‘Fuller Working Lives report’, followed by practical advice on how to make recruitment and retraining age neutral.
The afternoon session will look at good practice in retaining older workers, including how to manage the challenges faced by older workers.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in supporting older workers, including: employers; HR officers; equality officers; trade union and representative groups; staff networks.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com or Tel: 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com