- Tom Goldman, Deputy Director, Funding Policy Unit, Department for Education
- Additional speakers TBC
The amount of per-pupil spending in England's schools has fallen by 8% since 2010. This is despite record funding levels and the national funding formula officially coming into being last September, aimed at addressing historic disparities in funding between local areas. This involves a transition period, in which councils are to continue to allocate funding based on local formulae, with the full national formula rolled out from 2021.
Register for this Westminster Briefing to receive an up-to-date brief from the Deputy Director of the Funding Policy Unit in DfE. This is an opportunity to explore the national financial efficiency landscape and say informed of government plans and better understand how to ensure budgetary stability in your setting.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Update on the implementation of National Funding Formula and funding changes
- Financial benchmarking: discover how your school compares with similar schools
- Utilising DfE’s recommended national deals offering significant savings
- Learning from peers: how other schools are managing funding changes
- Driving strategies for preventing deficits to deal with financial uncertainty
- Proven school case-studies: innovative ideas for securing funding
About the Event:
In the morning session you will explore the future of school funding and the implementation of the revised National Funding Formula, as well as school efficiency strategies.
In the afternoon session you will learn from good practice case studies outlining and overcoming the financial challenges. The session will be highly interactive and will provide practical guidance on how you can develop your practice in your own setting.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from anyone with a responsibility for running their school, including but not limited to: headteachers, senior and middle leaders, school finance leaders, governors, alternative education providers, pupil referral units and local authorities stakeholders
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Rhys.Moffat@dodsgroup.com