- Paul Clayton, Director, The National Association for the Teaching of English
- Sarah Hubbard, HMI Lead for English and Literacy, Ofsted
- Marilyn Brocklehurst, Owner, Norfolk Children's Book Centre and Chair, Schools’ Library Association
NATE, in partnership with Westminster Briefing, will be hosting the NATE Primary Matters Conference in London for the first time. This conference will provide an opportunity for all involved in delivering outstanding Primary English education to take stock and hear from leading thinkers. The programme promises to provide inspiration, innovation, information and imagination for all attendees. There will also be interactive workshops on all hot topics, a bookshop, and an exhibition.
Attend the conference to hear a full update on the policy context, with sector leaders highlighting priorities and how they will impact your setting. You will gain insight from workshops and award-winning case studies as to how best to respond to upcoming changes and provide the best curriculum for the benefit all of your pupils.
Key Topics to be covered:
- The latest thinking from the inspectorate on curriculum and assessment
- Sharing evidence of good practice from good and outstanding schools
- Exploring the wonders of words and influence of grammar in texts
- Models and ideas children need to understand and enjoy English
- Impact of the greater curriculum focus on explicit knowledge of grammar
- Strategies to empower children as readers and a love of books
- Approaches to encourage and generate meaningful classroom talk about language
- Ideas on texts which can be used as a cross-curricular stimulus
- Develop children's narrative writing with the use of film
- How to grow a foundation of a story with the use of nursery rhymes
Who Should Attend?
You will join a range of education stakeholders including, but not limited to: Headteachers, Senior Leaders, Literacy Co-ordinators, English Leads, Teachers, Local Authority Representatives and anyone involved or interested in English Primary education.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Rhys.Moffat@dodsgroup.com