Key speakers include:
- Morgan Page, Client Account Manager, Stonewall
- Simon Croft, Professional Services Lead, Gendered Intelligence
- Karen Cooke, Chair of Enfys, Cardiff University
- Natasha Broomfield- Reid, Director, Diverse Matters
- Leng Montgomery, Diversity and Inclusion Executive, Sainsburys
The need for better inclusion of trans employees in the workplace has gradually become more prominent in recent years. Research published by Stonewall earlier this month revealed that 12% of trans employees have been physically attacked by a colleague or customer in the past year, and that over half (51%) have hidden their identity at work for fear of discrimination. The persistent transphobia individuals experience in work is widely reported and must be addressed.
Join Westminster Briefing to explore how gender identity is managed in UK workplaces and how it could be improved by exploring the legislation and hearing from best practise work places.
Key issues to be addressed:
• The discrimination faced by trans people in the workplace
• An employer’s legal duties of protection according to the Equality Act 2010 and the Gender Recognition Act 2004
• The Government’s approach & good practice guidance
• Addressing bias in the recruitment process
• Creating an inclusive workplace which attracts a trans workforce
• Changing an organisation’s working culture
• Providing adequate support for trans employees
The morning session will be a review of the current policies in place to serve trans staff, including a look at the Equality Act 2010 and the Gender Recognition Act 2004.
The afternoon session will focus on best practice and how to create an inclusive workplace for trans employees.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in creating an inclusive workplace, including: employers; HR managers/officers; wellbeing officers; senior managers; consultants; trade unions, staff network leads and representative groups.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.email@example.com |
0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Olivia.firstname.lastname@example.org