Building regulations and fire safety remain a pressing issue from housing associations across FRS services to industry stakeholders.
The Government has recently closed two consultations in this area, namely the Fire Safety Order and proposals for reform of the building safety regulatory system.
It is now paramount that key stakeholders across the sector consider what the next steps are to ensuring safety throughout a building’s lifecycle; with the aim to move beyond a culture of compliance to one of safety.
Welcoming professionals from a range of backgrounds, the Building Regulations and Fire Safety Conference, chaired by Sir Ken Knight, is your chance to explore first-hand what solutions are being put in place to get around challenges in building and fire safety. We will examine the latest proposals for reform as well as good practice in ensuring safety is prioritised at every stage of a buildings lifecycle.
Website and full agenda:
Key topics for the day include:
- Building a Safer Future: Proposals for Reform of the Building Safety Regulatory System
- Fire Safety Reform
- The future of Fire Risk Assesments
- Dutyholders: The New Regime and Responsibilities
- The Stronger Accountability and Regulatory Framework that will Underpin this Sector Change
- Residents Voice: Engagement and Ensuring Safety Concerns are Heard
- Next Steps: Working together to Ensure all Buildings are Safe in the Future
Previous speakers include:
- Jeremy Pocklington, Director General—Housing, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Dame Judith Hackitt, Author, Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety
- Sir Ken Knight, Chair, Independent Expert Advisory Panel, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Peter Caplehorn, Deputy Chair, IRG’s Competence Steering Group
- Neil O’Connor, Director, Building Safety Programme, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Lord Porter CBE, Chair, Local Government Association
- Graham Watts OBE, Chief Executive, Construction Industry Council
- Nick Coombe, Vice Chair, Protection & Business Safety Committee, National Fire Chiefs Council
- Lucy Grove, Grenfell Programme Lead, National Housing Federation
- Tim Broom, NFCC Building Safety Programme Team Lead and Joint Regulators Group on Hackitt recommendations
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com