- Andy Hobart, Commercial Director, MHCLG
- Clare Gibbs OBE, Programmes Director—Outsourcing, Deputy Director Crossrail 2, Cabinet Office
- Christopher Ford, Principal – Government Affairs, DXC Technology
- Emma Wilson, Audit Manager, UK National Audit Office
- Samantha Ulyatt, Category Commercial Director, Crown Commercial Service
- More speakers TBC
The 2018 collapse of Carillion cost the taxpayer £148 million. Interserve is on the brink of bankruptcy and near collapse. These failures of the private sector are revolutionising the strategies behind local authority and governmental departments management of outsourced contracts and the procurement of services back in-house. Ultimately, these failures are making clear the need to weigh the cost reductions that outsourcing services provide as well as any associated risk against the benefits of insourcing in the most strategic way.
Join this Westminster Briefing to hear from experts on the future of outsourcing and insourcing contracts. Learn best practice in the management, regulation and execution of contracts outsourced or brought back in-house from a mixture of private sector firms, government and local authority officials.
Key issues to be adressed:
- Managing risk transfer in procurement: realising quality, systemic risk and economic impact
- Effectively letting and managing contracts to the private sector
- Ensuring that outsourcing remains as a “force of good” for public services: considering the social and economic benefits when awarding contracts
- Developing effective strategies when procuring previously out-sourced contracts back in-house
- Competing effectively with the private sector: Improving commercial capability for public services
About the day:
The morning session will focus upon effective strategies for the management, design and regulation of outsourced contracts.
The afternoon session will explore good practice in procuring and managing services back in-house for local authorities.
We will provide morning refreshments and a networking lunch. Please let us know about any special needs or dietary requirements.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in the outsourcing and insourcing of contracts, including but not limited to: local authorities, those involved with public procurement, business currently involved in outsourced contracts, external suppliers for governance, Governmental departments involved in commercial governance or any institution affected by the U.K. government’s rethinking of the private provision of public service.
The event is CPD certified. A certificate is available after the event.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com