- John Stewart, Policy Manager, RLA (event chair)
- Jonathan Manning, Barrister, 4-5 Gray's Inn Square
- Russell Moffatt, Director and Co-Founder, Metastreet
- David Smith, Partner, Anthony Gold Solicitors
- Judith Codarin, Secretary to the South East Alliance of Landlords, Agents and Residents
- Cecil Sagoe, Policy Officer, Shelter
The private rented sector is currently subject to a number of key reforms. The Government has reformed the fees tenants are charged with the Tenants Fees Act came into force from the 1 June and the Homes Fit for Human Habitation Act has changed the way local authorities can enforce higher standards against any of the 29 hazards set out in the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS). As the number of tenants in the private rented sector grows substantially each year, local authorities must understand how these key reforms will help them protect the growing numbers of tenants living in local rented accommodation.
Join Westminster Briefing on the 25th September in Central Manchester to review your organisation’s internal procedures and practices to enforce higher standards in the private rented sector. Get an up to date brief on the latest developments in policy and learn good practice from leading organisations currently enforcing these tighter measures.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Overview of the Government’s plans to tighten safety standards for rented accommodation
- Enforcing the new Homes Fit for Human Habitation Act
- Section 21 reform: Government plans to ban no-fault evictions
- Preparing for the Tenants Fee Act
- Using selective licensing schemes and licensing powers well
- Identifying poor standards in the private rented sector
- Understanding your council’s range of powers to enforce safety standards
- Recognising when to employ fines or rent repayment orders
The morning session will focus upon the the government actions, timescales & next steps in enforcing and improving safety standards.
The afternoon session will examine when and how to effectively enforce standards in your local areas private rented sector.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interests or duty to improve and enforce standards in the private rented sector, including but not limited to: Local authorities; Landlords; Representative groups & Solicitors; Housing health and safety officers; Building services managers; Corporate Health and Safety Directors.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com