Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Paul Clark, Director of Development, GL Hearn
- Meyric Lewis, Barrister, Francis Taylor Building
- Nicholas Boys Smith, Director, Create Streets
- Dave Litherland, Head – Customer First Team, Your Housing Group
- James Savage, Programme Manager – Development Team, Plymouth Community Homes
- David Harley, Acting Head of Planning & Regeneration, London Borough of Barking & Dagenham
- Ric Pallister OBE, Leader, South Somerset District Council (event chair)
The Government’s Estate Regeneration National Strategy was published in December. Described as "part of a new blueprint for regenerating deprived housing estates", additional funding has also been announced. It identifies three key principles that underpin successful regeneration: 1. Community engaged as partners; 2. Support and leadership of the local authority; 3. Willingness to work with the private sector to access commercial skills and lever in investment.
Join Westminster Briefing on 23 May for an up to date brief on the Estate Regeneration National Strategy and to discuss how local authorities, housing associations & developers can better work together to deliver to deliver rejuvenated housing estates.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- The Estate Regeneration National Strategy
- Government funding & different finance available
- The role of local authorities, housing associations & developers in delivery
- Regenerating estates to provide new homes
- Delivering better social outcomes
- Wider policy developments affecting regeneration
- Working in partnership & case study examples of good practice
- Engaging residents
The morning session will focus on the Estate Regeneration National Strategy, government policy & funding and how local authorities, housing associations & developers can better work together.
The afternoon session will focus on case study examples of successful estate regeneration.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in regeneration, including: local authority housing, planning & regeneration officers; housing associations; developers; elected members; consultants; & surveyors.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com |
0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities & agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com