- Cllr Baroness Scott of Bybrook OBE, Leader, Wiltshire Council
- Further speakers to be confirmed
It is the responsibility of Local Authorities to ensure the Armed Forces Community are taken into account when writing and implementing policies. LA’s must also deliver the AFC the same equality of access to public services as their civilian neighbours in areas such as housing, health, employment, education and welfare.
This means special consideration is appropriate in some cases.
At a time when council budgets are under pressure and the MoD Covenant funding is coming to an end, councils must share the learning from Covenant funded projects to continue to build strong relationships with the AFC and protect those who are most vulnerable.
Join Westminster Briefing and Councillor Baroness Scott of Bybrook OBE on Tuesday 27 August to receive an update on the range of government policies underpinned by the Armed Forces Covenant and learn best practice from leading councils who are successfully bringing communities together to deliver the Covenants aims.
About the day:
The day will be split into the following sessions:
- Keynote address: the importance of the Covenant and an overview of the Government policies which support its delivery
- Best practice in 4 key areas of delivery: Housing; Employment; Health & Social Care and Schooling
- Awareness and expectation: educating communities about their obligation and establishing what the Covenant can and cannot deliver
- Appointing an elected member champion or officer point of contact within the council
- Developing a new framework of assessment to document local authority covenant implementation
Who should attend?
Local Councils with the responsibility of delivering the Covenant, Employers interested in employing ex-service members, Housing Associations, Health and Social Care providers, Head Teachers and anyone with the duty or interest in supporting the Armed Forces Covenant.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org