The Government’s Draft Clean Air Strategy published in May sets out a number of proposed changes to local air quality monitoring, reporting and enforcement. These include “transformative changes" to the LAQM system, “new legal powers to take decisive action in the most polluted areas”, and strengthened statutory planning guidance. Alongside the 2017 UK Plan for Tackling Roadside Nitrogen Dioxide Concentrations, the framework for local action is changing.
With the final strategy due to be published by the end of 2018, and the Government saying they “expect local authorities to start using streamlined reporting in 2019”, join Westminster Briefing on Thursday 21st February for an up to date brief on implementing the Clean Air Strategy.
Key issues to be covered include:
- The Clean Air Strategy: Government actions and next steps
- Plans for "transformative changes" to the LAQM system and timescales involved
- Delivering greater public transparency about local air quality
- Clean Air Zones and “new legal powers to take decisive action in the most polluted areas”
- Strengthened statutory planning guidance on air quality
- Implementing the UK Plan for Tackling Roadside Nitrogen Dioxide Concentrations 2017
- The characteristics of successful approaches to local air quality management
- Targeting action in ‘hotspot’ areas
- Developing a tailored approach unique to an individual local area
About the event:
The morning session will focus on latest developments in the policy framework for local air quality reporting, enforcement, and transparency.
The afternoon session will examine case study examples of different local approaches.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in improving local air quality, including: local authority air quality teams; transport & highway officers; legal & enforcement specialists; elected members; environmental consultants; academics; and representative groups.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657