Confirmed speakers include:
- Helen Leadbitter, Area Manager, Children's Society
- Kevin Drugan, Chief Executive, Carers Lewisham
- Caroline Hallet, Director of Strategy and Development, Imago Community
- Further speakers TBC
- The health & wellbeing impact of being a young carer compared to their non-caring peers
- Understanding the reasons that children undertake care
- Pro-actively ensuring young carers & families are aware of their rights
- Identifying and helping those in need through early & thorough assessments
- Providing dedicated emotional support
- Preparing young people for their future as adults - including local businesses, schools and the voluntary sector
- Including young carers in the development of services
- Working with adult social services to increase the number of referrals
- Utilising social technology to help reach out to young people
- Working with and training key partners – schools, GPs, health visitors, school nurses and hospital staff
- Ensuring an easy system for young people to self-refer for assessments
Whilst current statistics show that there are 170,000 young carers in the UK, recent research indicated that the number could be as much as four times that amount. This means that there are hundreds of thousands of young carers are not being provided with any form of emotional or medical support, leaving them at risk.
Join Westminster Briefing on the 26th June to hear from leading providers of wellbeing support to young carers on how they are having success with the hard to reach young people. Learn which strategies are working and how you can include them in your young carer action plan.
Key issues to be addressed:
The morning session will focus on the risks faced by young carers and what rights they have, to obtain support when they need to.
The afternoon session will allow delegates to discuss new strategies enabling children’s services and other agencies to track young carers and ensure their wellbeing is prioritised.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from, but not excluded to: Directors of Children’s Services; Principal Social workers; Team Managers; Social workers on the ground; Human Resources and anyone with an interest in improving the retention of a skilled workforce and the delivery of care for children.
For registration enquiries please contact: email@example.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org