- Simon Drummond-Hay, Principal, HDH Planning & Development
- Cllr Ric Pallister OBE, South Somerset District Council (event chair)
- Gilian Macinnes, Planning & Placemaking Advisor, Gilian Macinnes Associates
- Anthony Lee, Head of UK Development Consultancy, BNP Paribas Real Estate
- More speakers to be announced
Updated viability guidance was published alongside the new National Planning Policy Framework in July 2018. It sets out some key principles defining what ‘viable’ means in terms of plan making and decision taking. The message is clear throughout: that viability should normally be assessed at the plan making rather than decision taking stage.
Join Westminster Briefing on Thursday, 16th May for an up to date brief on viability in plan making and decision taking. We will examine the new guidance alongside other policy changes and what they mean for local planning authorities and site promoters alike.
Key issues to be adressed:
- Standardised inputs to viability assessment
- Defining ‘land value’, 'gross development value', 'costs', and ‘return’
- Engaging site promoters about viability during plan making
- Viability and developer contributions
- Circumstances justifying the need for a viability assessment at the application stage
- Publishing viability assessments to ensure accountability
- Reviewing viability during the lifetime of a project
- Wider planning policy changes impacting viability and latest legal developments
About the day:
The morning session will focus on guidance emphasising the role of viability in local plan making, within the context of wider reforms to the planning system.
The afternoon session will examine circumstances that justify the need for a viability assessment at the application stage, how such assessments should be conducted, and how they should be weighed when making decisions.
We will provide morning refreshments and a networking lunch. Please let us know about any special needs or dietary requirements.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in the planning process, including: local planning authorities; developers; planning solicitors & consultants; surveyors; city & regional governments; and representative groups.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com