In September 2017, the Government published its proposed approach to viability in local plan-making and decision-making. Under this approach, LPAs would set out the types and thresholds for affordable housing contributions required in local plans, as well as the infrastructure needed to deliver the plan and how this will be funded. The Government has also said that it will update planning guidance to help make viability assessments simpler, quicker and more transparent.
Join Westminster Briefing on 12 April for an up to date brief on how the Government's proposed changes will affect local plan-making and decision-taking, and to examine how LPAs and developers can work more effectively together when it comes to viability to ensure that developments proceed.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- The Government’s proposed approach to viability in local plan-making
- Viability and the National Planning Policy Framework
- Key factors to take into account when assessing viability in plan-making
- Improving the way that plans are tested for viability to ensure they are deliverable
- Making viability assessments simpler, quicker and more transparent
- Different factors to consider when taking decisions for different types of development
- Considering the viability of planning obligations
- Long term developments: when & how to consider changes in values and costs
- Choosing when & how to be flexible with planning requirements
- Working in partnership to make sure developments happen
The morning session will examine viability in terms of local plans while the afternoon session will focus on viability when making decisions. Consideration will be given throughout as to how different areas approach the issues and the impact of Government reforms.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in the planning process, including: local government planning officers; elected members; developers; consultants; surveyors and solicitors.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com