Confirmed to Speak:
- Nick Hudson, Operations Manager - Compliance, Advertising Standards Authority (ASA)
Universities are rightly proud of their achievements and often choose to highlight them when marketing to perspective students. However, when making claims of success, they must be supported by robust evidence. A number of universities have recently been found by the Advertising Standards Agency regulator to be making claims they could not justify, prompting the release of new guidance making clearer what statements are and aren’t allowed.
Join Westminster Briefing on the 11th of April to hear from the Advertising Standards Authority for an up to date brief on good practice in marketing to prospective students and how to make sure your organisation complies with its regulatory duties. We will examine the updated ASA guidance, how to make sure your university does not fall foul of it and how leading institutions are engaging perspective students.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Updated Advertising Standards Authority guidance
- Evidencing claims of success
- The reputational impact of making false statements
- Regulations when advertising internationally
- How to respond when other institutions are making dubious claims
- The role of marketing in widening participation and meeting access agreement commitments
- Marketing both individual courses and your institution as a whole
- Different techniques required for domestic & international students
- Learning from individual institutional examples of success
About the Event:
The morning session will focus on making sure your institution is compliant with its regulatory duties. The afternoon session is an opportunity to discuss examples of marketing success that you can pick up and adapt to your own university.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in marketing HEIs to perspective students, including: university marketing & admissions teams; senior management; legal & compliance officers; & WP teams.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Walker-Lane@westminster-briefing.com
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.