- Catriona Riddell, Strategic Planning Lead, Planning Officers Society
- Bill Forrester, Chair, National Association of Gypsy and Traveller Officers
- Representative, Friends, Families and Travellers
- Cllr Ric Pallister OBE, Leader, South Somerset District Council (event chair)
- More speakers TBC
On 5th April 2018, the Government announced a review of the current powers available to deal with unauthorised caravan sites and developments, with a consultation set to end on 15th June.
Join Westminster Briefing on 17th July for an up-to-date brief on the Government's review of powers to address unauthorised sites and best practice in this area. Attendees will also receive an update on the implementation of Planning Policy for Traveller Sites, assessments of accommodation needs of Gypsies and Travellers and best practice in determining applications for Traveller sites.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Current local authority and police powers for dealing with unauthorised encampments
- Effective partnership working between local authorities, residents and the police
- Minimising the impact of unauthorised encampments on local residents
- Next steps following the Government’s consultation
- Provision of Authorised Traveller Sites
- Implementing Planning Policy for Traveller Sites
- Assessing Gypsy and Traveller accommodation needs
- Using evidence to plan positively and manage development
- Issues to consider when determining applications for Traveller sites
The morning session will examine the current powers available to local authorities and the police to deal with unauthorised encampments and assess next steps following the Government's consultation.
The afternoon session will focus on the provision of authorised sites for travellers and will cover the implementation of Planning Policy for Traveller Sites.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in Traveller site provision, including: planning officers; elected members; liaison officers; housing services; solicitors & legal teams; & representative groups.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com.