Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Catriona Riddell, Strategic Planning Lead, Planning Officers Society
- Bill Forrester, Chair, National Association of Gypsy & Traveller Officers
- Chris Broughton, Director, Arc 4
- Richard Bennett, Gypsy & Traveller Awareness Trainer
- Scott Stemp, Barrister, Planning & Environment, No5 Chambers
- Roger Yarwood, Chief Planner, National Federation of Gypsy Liaison Groups
- Cllr Ric Pallister OBE, Leader, South Somerset District Council (event chair)
On 31st August 2015 the Government released its Planning Policy for Traveller Sites. One of its key changes sees the planning definition of ‘Gypsies & Travellers’ tightened to exclude those who no longer travel. Following on from this change, section 124 of the Housing and Planning Act 2016 removed the duty on local authorities to assess the accommodation needs of Gypsies and Travellers separately.
Join Westminster Briefing on 31st August 2017 for an up to date brief on the latest developments in planning for traveller sites and meeting Gypsy & Traveller accommodation needs.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Implementing Planning Policy for Traveller Sites
- Defining ‘Gypsies & Travellers'
- Assessing Gypsy & Traveller accommodation needs
- Using evidence to plan positively & manage development
- Sites in rural areas and the countryside & rural exception sites
- Issues to consider when determining planning applications
- Very strictly limiting new site development in open countryside
- Weighing different matters when considering applications
- Overcoming objections using planning conditions or obligations
The morning session will focus on latest government policy, assessing Gypsy & Traveller accommodation needs and making plans.
The afternoon session will examine issues that need to be considered & weighed when determining applications.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in Traveller site provision, including: planning officers; elected members; liaison officers; housing services; solicitors & legal teams; & representative groups.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.email@example.com