Confirmed speakers include:
- Sir John Hayes MP CBE, Former Minister of State at the Department for Transport
- Prof. Mohammed Abdel-Haq, Chair, The Task and Finish Group on Taxi and PHV Licensing
- Gerald Gouriet QC, Barrister, FTB Chambers
- Charles Holland, Barrister, FTB Chambers
- Kieran Harte, Head of Cities for UK & Ireland, Uber
- Steve Wright MBE, Chair, Licenced Private Hire Car Association (LPHCA)
- Saskia Garner, Policy Officer, Personal Safety, the Suzy Lamplugh Trust
- Steve Garelick, Regional Organiser, GMB
Taxis and private hire vehicles are an important part of local communities; enabling transport for anyone who needs it. Attend this briefing in February and you will receive an up to date brief on the state of taxi licensing and regulation.
You will hear about the latest changes to licensing policy as well as what the future holds. Learn how important it is to support the industry whilst ensuring public safety and take this opportunity to assess your local practices and explore how they can be improved.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Next steps for licensing legislation and future updates
- Accessibility: door to door services for disabled passengers
- The challenges and opportunities for licensing arising from the ride-sharing industry
- Closing licensing loopholes to improve public safety
- Information sharing and disclosure: creating an effective system to enable collaboration
- Working with local business and stakeholders to develop your licensing strategy
About the Day:
The morning session will focus on the latest policy and next steps for taxi and PHV licensing, led by a panel of experts.
Delegates in the afternoon session will explore good practice from across the country. This will include how to learn from successes and creating improved procedures for a more effective licensing strategy.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be those that have an interest in the taxi and PHV licensing reform, including but not limited to: licensing committees; licensing officers; police; representatives from taxi and PHV firms and relevant bodies concerning public safety.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org