- Bob Blackman MP, Author, Homelessness Reduction Act
- Ray Jenkins, Chief Executive, Emerging Futures
- Cllr Adele Morris, Southwark Council (event chair)
- Chris Parker, Senior Active Inclusion Officer, Newcastle City Council—MHCLG funded Homelessness Prevention Trailblazer
- Lee Buss, Director of Operations, Riverside
- Further speakers to be announced
The New Government has committed in its manifesto to “expanding successful pilots and programmes such as the Rough Sleeping Initiative and Housing First, and working to bring together local services to meet the health and housing needs of people sleeping on the streets.” This is ahead of the Tackling Homelessness Together consultation which recommended local authorities to develop local, diverse and joined-up responses to homelessness and rough sleeping.
Join us on the 23rd April for an up-to-date brief on the latest policy and next steps in tackling homelessness and rough sleeping. We will also explore best practice from trail-blazing authorities developing local, diverse and multi-agency involved initiatives.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Acting on legislation effectively: Utilising the Homelessness Reduction Act to better effect
- Plans to expand successful pilots and programmes such as the Rough Sleeping Initiative and Housing First
- Temporary Fix, Permanent Solution: Considering Effective Housing Solutions
- One size doesn’t fit all: Catering to different homeless needs
- Local Need, Local Response: Shaping services to meet local homelessness contexts
- Going beyond the duty to refer: Ensuring homeless needs are met beyond a referral to the LHA
- Developing a Long-Term, Multi-Agency, Joined-Up Approach
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from anyone with an interest in tackling homelessness and rough sleeping issues, including; local housing authorities, local authority homelessness teams, cabinet members, frontline servies, housing associations, elected members, councillors and community groups.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com