- John Stewart, Policy Manager, Residential Landlords Association
- Bryan Carroll, Deputy Director Estates and Facilities, Southampton Solent University
- Michael Ball, Accommodation Services Manager, University of Lincoln
- Martin Blakey, Chief Executive, Unipol
- Michelle Houston, Service Manager: Private Housing Standards, Sheffield City Council
- Ela Nutu Hall, Residence Life Manager, University of Sheffield
Accommodation and housing is a central part of a student’s experience. Universities must deliver quality accommodation that meets the needs of students and the communities they are part of. This requires strong partnerships with local authorities, student groups and the private rented sector.
Join Westminster Briefing in March to assess the latest developments and good practice in student accommodation.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Managing the expansion in student numbers and ensuring there is sufficient accommodation available
- Delivering accommodation that meets the needs of universities, students and local communities
- Funding student accommodation and managing assets
- Allocating suitable accommodation that meets the individual needs of students
- Meeting codes of practice for student accommodation and housing
- Working in partnership to improve safety for all residents and prevent the ASB and crime traditionally associated with student areas
- Good practice in improving the provision and quality of student accommodation
About the Day:
The morning session will look at the national landscape of student accommodation and how your organisation can improve its offer to students. You will hear from experts on how to develop your strategy to provide and manage quality student housing and accommodation.
The afternoon session will focus on the latest good practice and successful examples of partnership working.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from anyone with an interest in student housing, including: university accommodation services; local authority housing officers; specialist student accommodation providers; private landlords & letting agents; students unions; and other representative groups.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657