- Claire O'Meara, Head of Private Sector Policy and Advocacy, UNICEF
- Rebecca Reilly-Cooper, Senior Policy Officer, ICO
- Lauri Almond, Information Governance Manager, Essex County Council
- Toks Oladuti, Senior Manager & IT Security, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Russell Holland, Barrister, Michelmores
- Andy Barnes, ICT Director of Technology, Bryanston School
- Mark Orchison, Managing Director, 9ine Consulting
- (Chair) Tony Sheppard, Operations Manager, GDPR in Schools
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force on 25th May 2018, equating to the most considerable shake-up to data protection laws in 20 years. As a result, schools are scrambling to address the strictest compliance regulation to date.
Attend this Westminster Briefing for a full update on the latest developments and practical best practice case studies. Special focus will be paid to strategies looking at ensuring there are no data breaches and how schools can provide appropriate support for the new role of Data Protection Officer.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Key principles of the GDPR, what is changing and how it affects your school
- Outlining the support available to schools to effectively prepare for GDPR
- Risks of non-compliance: enforcement of the GDPR
- The role of the Data Protection Officer
- Putting effective security and governance structures and procedures in place
- Learning from peers: how other schools are preparing for the GDPR
- How GDPR will affect data sharing and out of date IT systems
About the Event:
In the morning session you will explore the Government’s policy developments as well as the support you can receive.
In the afternoon session you will learn from good practice case studies outlining and implementing the new compliance regulation. The session will be highly interactive and will provide practical guidance on how you can develop your practice in your own setting.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from anyone with a responsibility for applying the GDPR, including but not limited to: headteachers, senior and middle leaders, school finance leaders, governors, data protection officers, alternative education providers, pupil referral units and local authorities stakeholders.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Rhys.Moffat@dodsgroup.com