Confirmed to Speak:
- Michael Bell, Team Leader, Safeguarding in Schools Team, DfE
- Helen Frostick, Headteacher, St Mary Magdalen’s Catholic Primary School & National Leader of Education
- Matt Miller MBE, National Leader of Governance & Chair of Governors, Highlands School
- Simon Genders, Safeguarding Development Officer, Leicestershire County Council
- Louise Browning, Headteacher; Tanya Mathiason, Pastoral Manager & Nora Ibrahim, Community Liaison, Norbury School
- Carol Leckie, Schools' Safeguarding and Wellbeing Team Manager, Northumberland County Council
- Alan Barham, Education Consultant & Former Headteacher (Chair)
Join us at this Westminster Briefing event for an up to date brief on how to keep pupils safe in school. Make sure your safeguarding policies are current and comprehensive, accounting for a new definition of Child Sexual Exploitation and updated guidance on the Single Central Record.
Michael Bell (Team Leader, Safeguarding in Schools Team, DfE) will outline the Government’s policies in this area, followed by experts in the field including schools that have been successfully inspected under the updated Ofsted framework.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- An overview of the Government’s policy on statutory safeguarding guidance for schools
- Online safety: protecting children from harm at school and at home
- Implications of the new definition of Child Sexual Exploitation
- What will schools be required to teach pupils about safeguarding?
- Ensuring all staff are aware of their responsibilities and adequately trained to act on them
- Building in good practice from day one of the recruitment process—new guidance on the Single Central Record
- What does “a child centred and coordinated approach to safeguarding” mean in practice?
- The roles of Safeguarding Leads, Heads, Governors and Academy Trust leaders
- Developing a comprehensive safeguarding development plan
The morning session will focus on understanding safeguarding policies under the current government, including what schools can do to embed practices to be inspection ready and keep abreast of recent changes.
The afternoon session will build on this, hearing what the process is actually like on the ground, focusing on individual experiences and examples of best-practice case-studies.
Who Should Attend?
You will join a range of school and education stakeholders including, but not limited to: head teachers, senior and middle leaders, those with pastoral responsibilities, SENCOs, alternative education providers, pupil referral units, safeguarding and inclusion leads, local authorities, relevant governors, and anyone interested or involved in safeguarding in schools.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Tim.Archer@westminster-briefing.com