Confirmed speakers include:
- Richard Monkhouse, Chair, Why me? Victims for Restorative Justice
- Deborah McLening, RJ Lead , Kent Surrey & Sussex Community Rehablitiation Company
- Gary Stephenson, CEO, Restorative Solutions
- Vic Finnigan-Lord Deputy, Practice Manager, Wigan Council
- Julie Postlethwaite, Targeted Service Principal Manager, Wigan Council
- Angie Rich, Restorative Justice Development Manager, Victim Suppport
- Kevin Vanterpool, Founder and Principal Consultant, 2Novate (event chair)
- Further speakers TBC
Restorative justice can offer reductions in offending and provide tangible benefits to victims. The Ministry of Justice continues to push for good quality, victim-focussed restorative justice to be offered to all victims.
Attend this timely Westminster Briefing to receive an up-to-date brief on the Government’s vision for restorative justice. This is a good opportunity to explore how restorative justice is performing in your area and to hear what good practice is happening across the country.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Understanding recent developments and Government priorities for RJ
- Developing your RJ offer and improving your support to victims and offenders
- Ensuring equal access to RJ at all stages of the criminal justice process
- Working with PCCs to deliver and commission RJ locally
- Case studies of successful RJ provision
- Tackling information sharing issues and the challenges of GDPR
- Measuring your performance and understanding what counts as success
About the Day:
The morning session will deliver an expert-led brief on current issues and policy themes. You will learn about how to maximise the effectiveness of your provisions, and in what circumstances different types of restorative justice delivery should be used.
In the afternoon session you will consider good practice cases studies for you to take back and implement in your setting.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.email@example.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from across the criminal justice and community safety sector, including: Restorative Justice Practitioners; probation services; police services; HM Prison Service; IOM, PPO and DIP teams and services; CRCs; Youth Offending Teams; Community Safety Partnerships; local criminal justice boards; IOM teams; LCJBs; CPS and courts; DAATs; central departments; and third sector organisations.