- Ivan Tennant, Housing Need Assessment Lead, AECOM
- More speakers to be confirmed
The Government is planning to reform housing need assessments as a revision to the 2018 NPPF. Housing need assessments will be moving away from the standardised assessment towards a new form of assessment, to be consistent with increasing housing supply, whilst providing the stability communities need. Housing need assessments play the crucial first step in the process of when deciding how many and what type of homes should be delivered in specific places.
Join this Westminster briefing for a full update on the planned reforms to the NPPF in relation to assessing housing need. Understand how these changes will affect your organisation’s appropriate assessment and delivery of new homes and discover the technical support available to you when conducting housing need assessments.
Key issues to be adressed:
- Housing need and the reforms to the national planning policy framework requirements
- Providing stability and certainty for local planning authorities and communities
- Defining and understanding housing need and what is understood as ‘deliverable’
- The Government’s response to the new ONS household projection of household need
- Meeting the diverse needs of your neighbourhoods
- Technical support available for housing need assessments
- Effective preparation of evidence which understands the varying needs to supply the right housing
About the day:
The morning session will look at the policy reforms to housing need assessments with particular attention to land supply, deliverability and appropriate assessment and how these will change the way these assessments are carried out.
The afternoon session will explore conducting appopriate housing need assessments in practice: From the standardised method of setting the baseline and adjusting for affordability in your area, to incoporating the diverse needs of neighbourhoods in assessment and effectively preparing evidence.
We will provide morning refreshments and a networking lunch. Please let us know about any special needs or dietary requirements.
Who should attend?
Anyone undertaking housing need assessments now or in the future or those with an interest in housing need, including but not limited to: local authority housing and planning officers; housing associations; benefits teams and managers; councillors; & consultants.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com